Thursday, August 6, 2009

Welcome to Miri, Malaysia.

We went to Miri for some retail therapy... which i think is AWESOME for the mind, body and soul... it wasn't awesome for my wallet, obviously, but when i was there, i felt like i was in heaven. LOL. ok i'm exaggerating as usual, but hey! everything was cheaper compared to Brunei and Geneva... i thought to myself, 'it's ok to splurge every now and then'... i am sure I am already WAY over my weight limit for my luggage in bound to geneve. But oh well, being an Aries (and proud of it too), i think... 'i will deal with that later'. LOL






Oh! on another note, here's a pic of the bushfires - taken en route from Miri to Belait. Had to slow down to the max, couldn't see a thing. I noticed a couple of interesting things too. 1) the traffic controller was smoking on the job and wore jeans, he wasn't even wearing a mask. 2) the firemen were busy taking pictures of each other near the fires.. and not doing anything particularly important... like uh... i donno? putting out the fire! (what the). and 3) all the smoke went to the brunei side, thanks to all the wind. bugger that.

No comments: