Thursday, August 13, 2009

Home Sweet Home.

After being in Brunei for a week or so, I've realised a couple of things...

1) i can't stop eating

2) people love to spend money. like me. cos there's nothing else to do.

3) nothing spells like diarrhea than milo ping. for me, anyways LOL

4) i don't understand why traffic lights are placed at the entry points of round-abouts. aren't people supposed to find and work their way at the round-abouts anyway? if that's the case, then why not get RID of the round-about and replace it ONLY with the traffic lights instead?

5) surprisingly no.4 works (if you're confused about what i meant in no.4, don't worry - so am I) LOL

6) 'soalan bonus' - my relatives never fail to ask me the big question 'So! When are you going to get married?' erkkk, do i have the words 'baby maker' written on my shirt? Geez.

7) certain emotions expressed in Malay will not make any sense in english. Like, 'Mun paham bisai' (direct translation: if understand nice) and 'siok kalie ah, buliehhh' (direct translation: fun maybe ah, can...). Plus, it's less funny in english.

8) Although people say we get fined for speeding on the road nowadays, i can still speed and tailgate the police without getting into trouble. LOL

9) people-watching and gossiping here come naturally. other than spending money of course. i just forgot how bad it was.

10) everything is so cheap you wanna cry.
11) people like to show off their belongings and say that they are super expensive... and when i ask them how much? ... uhh... i'm sorry to say, but! things in geneva are wayyyy moreee expensive. more so than the U.S. (BUT i can't even imagine how much stuff cost in Japan!!).

12) it was silly of me to think that squat toilets no longer exist. they still do. Durrrr!

So as you can see, i have this love and hate relationship with this place... but i can feel that the longer i stay here, the more i want to be here. This is my home after all... where i was born...

I'm looking forward to go back to geneva... this will be my home for now... let's see what the future holds for me... :-)

to be continued...

No comments: