Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Ok Week 6 of lockdown

Wow, I can't remember now if we're at week 5 or week 6 of the lockdown. By looking at my previous post, I guess we are indeed moving into week 6. Time passes so slowly and fast at the same time. It's slow because of the impatience to go back to the 'new normal' (ie. 11 May 2020). It's fast because with so many virtual meetings per day, I end up reacting to what appears to be urgent requests and in reality I have not done a single thing as a work outcome. There's whatsapp (the work group chats), Teams, GoToMeetings, emails, calls etc etc. So many distractions.

Most of us who telework would agree that we work more hours than usual. We save time on commuting, we're so accessible - colleagues expect a fast response. I can only focus on the real things I need to do after the day is over. After I help with the kids' homework. I'm so tired. Last weekend I literally slept for the whole two days.

Dear God, please give me strength. Hoping for better days..



No comments: