Sunday, April 12, 2020

10 simple things

I went through some of my old posts. Around this time, 10 years ago I wrote the '10 simple things one should be happy about' and listed the below: 
1. Knowing you've done the right thing.
2. Spending time with people you care about.
3. Laughing so hard your face hurts.
4. A hot shower or a bubble bath.
5. No lines at the supermarket.
6. Hearing your favorite song on the radio.
7. Finding a 20 dollar bill in your coat from last winter.
8. Waking up and realizing you still have a few hours left to sleep.
9. Making eye contact with a cute stranger.
10. Sweet dreams.

I must've felt kind of down at the time when I wrote that but can't remember why. Still, it was interesting to see because I forgot that I wrote this post. 

https://product-image.juniqe-production.juniqe.com/media/catalog/product/seo-cache/x800/149/65/149-65-101P/Enjoy-The-Little-Things-THE-MOTIVATED-TYPE-Affiche.jpg


For 2020, if I had to list out 10 simple things which would make me happy, it would look something like this:

1. My health and the health of my loved ones
2. Secretly loving it (whilst pretending to be in denial) that I look younger than my age. People are shocked that I'm almost 40 with 2 kids
3. Checking the mailbox and finding my little order from Amazon arrived
4. Knowing I can cook and bake now, most of the time, very well
5. Watching the kids learn new things and impressed with what they know, understand and remember
6. Managing to surprise myself at times at how well I handled a tough public debate
7. Catching up with siblings and/or with parents over whatsapp
8. Cutting a lovely rose or flower from the garden for the kitchen vase
9. Having a good time and laugh with my girls
10.Bubble tea

Hoping I would remember to write the next list in 2030..!

No comments: