Friday, December 18, 2020

Childhood memories...

As we are now 'stuck' in France and not able to visit my family in Melbourne, I can't help but reminiscence on my childhood memories... My parents are also 'stranded' in Brunei as they cannot leave the country until the viral cases subside. 

I really miss my three brothers. 

There were days where we would actually not do anything but just watch cartoons or TV shows all night. They even put up with my childish faves things to do like watch Akazukin ChaCha, play hello kitty video games and watch 'Ever After'. We would like sleep on the matresses which are laid down on the cold tiles in the living room (That always bring me back to the sleepovers at my grandparents' house in Belait with my cool cousins).

Afternoons of climbing trees... cycling around the neighbourhood.. playing sparklers or fireworks during Hari Raya. Fishing days in Darwin and taking turns driving the boats. Road trips in convoy... snacking in the car.. going through KFC drive thrus at like 2am cos we felt like popcorn chicken and cheesy wedges.

I saw them grow up right before my eyes... from annoying little brats or at most times cute little boys to grown up men. The pride I feel when I see them succeed... whether in sports, in their careers or in their love lives. I am glad my parents always encouraged me to be the 'third' parent... I used to hate babysitting them when I was much younger... and now I really miss those days... 

 

KEEP CALM I HAVE THE BEST SIBLINGS Poster | shawnetastephens | Keep  Calm-o-Matic

I hope Ayden and Adamian will love and care for each other as much I do for my own siblings.. that would be my greatest wish in life.

No comments: