Sunday, March 22, 2020

Day 7 of lockdown

We survived this week without any major dramas at home. Self-isolation is not as easy as it sounded. When I first heard it, I was slightly excited. Simply because I thought it meant that I get to work from home and work less. What a rude awakening - there is actually more work to be done. Colleagues are working overtime in order to get up to date with what's happening globally.

In my case though, I will be on medical leave next week so that my face can recover. The neurologist said that stress can impede the normal function of the immune system and recommended I take the week off.

Other updates for now - people can still get out to buy food, see a doctor, buy fuel, exercise, upon condition that they fill out a government issued form (it is simple to complete). Else, we face a 135 euro fine. The house is cleaner than I thought, maybe because we clean in between tasks. The kids got their new double bed, so goods are still moving in between states. Toilet paper and other food essentials are available at shops. In fact, there aren't too many people on the road or the shops, people in general are using their common sense nowadays to prevent the virus from spreading.

Now - courage to all parents out there, let's go now into week 2 of lockdown..

No comments: