Friday, July 3, 2009

A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out..

There are two kinds of people. One which only look out for themselves and one which put other people's needs first before their own. I am lucky enough to be with both kinds of people, and even more grateful that I am close to those in the second group.

Don't get me wrong, it is perfectly fine to look out for number one. But you need to be around people who truly care for you and your well-being. There are friends out there who hang out with you because it's fun but leave the very moment they find something better.

Your true friends are those that stay with you not just during the fun times, but also during the bad, pathetic times... this i feel is the true test of friendship. A best friend is someone who brings out the best in me and is sincerely happy when i succeed in something.

My real friends accept me for who i am, know my shortcomings, but love me anyway.

No comments: